I’ve refinished pieces of furniture before, so it’s not a new task for me. What is new is doing it on a regular basis, like every night. I would do a piece of furniture here and there, but now it’s crunch time because the sale is only 2 weeks away. Yikes!
1. I need to invest in a lot of rags. Now I’m really wishing I had kept all of those socks with holes in them, or white t-shirts with stains. I could really use them for waxing.
2. I need to take the 10 extra minutes to change my clothes before I head out to the garage to work. I am quickly ruining good clothes. Ever heard of that “patience is a virtue” thing. Yeah, as for me, I’m still working on it. I just want to get to work. I don’t want to take the time to my clothes. But I really should.
3. If I’m not going to change, I should at least wear an apron for Pete’s sake.
3. I love, love, love chalk paint. I highly recommend it if you can afford it.
4. Choosing what color to paint each piece is the hardest part.
5. I feel vulnerable. It’s easy to restore/paint something for us, but when I know someone else will be looking at it to purchase, it’s intimidating.
6. I need to get another wax brush so I’ll have one for light wax and one for dark.
7. I realize this list may be boring you, but I’m hoping you’re learning something (*smile*).
8. I need to put some tunes on in the garage while I’m working. It’s been way too quiet out there at night all by myself.
9. It’s okay to eat a giant bowl full of ice cream at 9:30 at night after a long day of work.
10. I’m really enjoying this. I love transforming each piece and seeing it become the beauty I knew it could be!
So without further adieu, here are two of the tables that are headed to the sale:
The one on the ___ is actually a new table made to look old. This is her before:
She was a plain oak side table. I knew instantly that I could make her look more rich, more sophisticated. So I stained the top in dark walnut, finished it off with a coat of dark wax. Then I painted the base in Annie Sloan Old White, distressed away, then gave the base a good healthy coat of Minwax Natural Wax. I think she looks so much better now.
And then since I showed my personal demilune redo and everyone loved it so much, I thought I better bring one with me to the sale. I found this little beauty:
The top layer was lifting up so I used some wood glue and clamped it overnight to dry. I put on one coat of Annie Sloan Paris Grey, then I dry brushed Old White over it to give it a classic French finish. I distressed it a fair amount and I realize it may not be for everyone, but I think it looks great.
What do you think?
I have a bunch of other projects in the works, too, which I can’t wait to share with you, including some items for my Etsy shop (coming soon).
Americans who are facing divers soundness problem, such individuals can get medicines from the Web without order. To buy remedies online from a having a good reputation source is safe. People get millions divers medicaments online. Far-famed are medicines which are used to reduce treat pain caused by cramp etc. There are varied other medications. What about how does cialis work and sexual soundness problems? Likely every man knows at least something about Does Cialis Work. Also known as erectile disfunction is defined as the inability to attain an erection suitable for intercourse. Luckily many problems with sexual health can be solved. Sometimes men who drink excessively like amphetamines find it embarrassing to get an erection and turn to erectile disfunction medicines for a temporary solution. If you have unpleasantness getting an erection, it’s vital to see a competent soundness care professional before pursuing any sort of medicines. Do not take more of Cialis or any other cure than is prescribed. Do not use out-of-date remedies. Take them to your local dispensary which will dispose of them for you.