1. I’m over the moon happy this morning. Right before I fell asleep last night, I received a comment from Susan Haskins at Maple & Magnolia (hi Susan!) that said “Congratulations on your Miss Mustard Seed feature!”. I almost fell out of bed. I sprang up immediately and leapt to my computer to see it for myself. Miss Mustard Seed featured our Open Shelves today on her Furniture Feature Friday. I can’t even believe it. What an amazing honor!
2. I made Chocolate Bird Nests yesterday from a recipe I found on Pinterest and they certainly look cute for Easter, but they’re actually a little too sweet for me. Can you believe I think something chocolate is too sweet?
3. This week has been ca-rayzy busy around here. I’ve wanted to blog about something every day, but I always feel the need to prepare blogs and edit them to make sure they’re well done. I’m still not comfortable with just sitting down, writing and letting the words flow. Being a perfectionist is a blessing and a curse.
4. I just finished my second cup of yummy coffee. I heart coffee.
5. Our dining room farm table is finally done. I’m still not sure yet if I’m going to distress the white painted base yet or not. I promise to share it with you next week. We’re super happy with the way it turned out.
6. Some women like diamonds. I’d rather have a rare piece of ironstone china. It’s a sickness, I know.
7. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with our children on a daily basis. I never dreamed I would love it as much as I do. It’s the most difficult job I’ve ever held, but it’s the job I’m most proud of.
8. Have you ever been asked “If you knew it was your time, what would you like your last meal to be? What would you choose?” I would choose a 2 layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting and I’d eat the entire thing. Yes, that would be my last meal. At that point, what do calories matter?
9. Have I ever mentioned that I love baked goods before?
10. I’m so excited to color Easter eggs tomorrow. One of the things I love about being a parent is the opportunity to return to being a kid once in a while. You get to go to the zoo, play on swings, color Easter eggs, visit Disney, play in the backyard, and on and on. Being a parent is sometimes like being a kid all over again!
11. I’m still working on Operation Infinite Giggles. Our alphabet wall is half done and it’s driving me crazy.
12. Time. I need more time.
13. The next major project we want to get done around here is the built-in desk area in our kitchen. I’m tired of standing up to type at my computer.
14. Our chocolate lab was sick yesterday. I was really worried about her. She’s doing much better today, but isn’t it amazing how much our furry babies can make us worry like our human babies do?
15. Is anyone going to the Country Living Fair in Austin, Texas at the end of this month? I want to go in the worst way. I’m pretty sure I could spend our life savings there! Not only that, but we’ve been wanting to check out Austin for a while and it would be a wonderful way to kill two birds with one stone.
16. If you’ve ever wondered where the saying “to kill two birds with one stone” comes from, here you go: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Origin_of_to_kill_two_birds_with_one_stone.
17. The sun is out today and the birds are chirping. Both of those are like heaven to me. (What’s with the bird theme for the last 3 items on this list?)
18. I’m still pinching myself about the Miss Mustard Seed feature!!
19. Open air market and garage sale season is about to get started and I can hardly wait. My flea market cart and tote are ready and waiting.
20. I want to live in a state where you can leave your windows open all year long. I loathe cold winters. I make no apologies for it, either. I was raised in the midwest, so you think I’d be used to it by now, but I think I was meant to be born in the west maybe, not the midwest. I’m convinced something was lost in the translation before I was sent down from heaven.
21. Did you know that I have an Esthetician license, attended Yoga teacher training, and have completed a marathon? Some little “get to know ya’” facts about me.
22. I found an antique French chaise on Craigslist similar to this one: