Some bloggers write “25 Things” lists or “10 Things” lists. I decided to write just 17 short thoughts today. I like to be different.
1. When I moved here, I had a beautiful cream-colored leather couch that I adored, but it wouldn’t fit through any of the doors in this house. My in-laws were nice enough to give us a couch to use until we got a new one. That was 5 years ago. It was definitely time for us to get a new couch for our living room. So say hello to my new friend:
Ikea’s Ektorp sofa is in da house! Hello Gorgeous! And yes, it’s slipcovered in pure white. In a house with children and two dogs. I promise you I’m not crazy. Our last sofa was covered in an off-white slipcover and we had to wash it occasionally, but overall it held up just fine. But this slipcover can be bleached. I keep telling myself it will be okay. It will be, right?
2. The hubby needed four new tires last week. Cha ching.
3. Our washing machine died this past Sunday so we needed to buy a new one. Well, our “new” washing machine is actually a used washer, but it’s new to us. Cha ching.
4. The sunroof in my car is leaking. It leaks so bad that I can’t drive it if it’s raining so that will need to be fixed. Cha ching.
5. So those “they” people say that things happen in threes. Hopefully that means that 2-4 are it for us for a while because our wallet is getting lighter by the day.
6. Have I mentioned how excited I am about creating a mini garden? I even created a “wishlist” of items I want on the Miniature Garden website. Oh, and I also discovered the Two Green Thumbs website which is full of information on this lovely little hobby. I had no idea miniature gardening was so popular. They even have an annual conference for mini gardeners! Who knew?
8. This precious baby in my belly is due in June and I’m feeling immense pressure to get a bunch of things done before it arrives. I have a long list of “to-dos” on our chalkboard wall in the kitchen and I’m determined to get them all done before June. Yes, I am nesting once again. Why do we do this?
9. Have I ever told you that the hubby writes a blog too? Check it out at Cathartic Cuisine. Yes, he also cooks. I know. I know. I’m a very lucky girl. I’m sharing this with you because we want to spread the word about Food Revolution Day coming up on May 19th. You can read the hubby’s blog post about it here and we’re hoping people will take part in educating each other on the importance of organic, unprocessed, healthy eating. Because it’s important what you feed your body!
10. It’s 6:15 a.m. here right now, but I’ve already been up for an hour.
11. Several friends of mine have shared some sad news with me lately and I feel terrible for each of them for what they’re going through. It helps to put things into perspective for me. Yes, 2-4 above have happened this week, but seeing the big picture is being thankful for the fact that we’re all healthy in our nest, we have a roof over our head and food on our table. What more can you really ask for?
12. Have you tried Picmonkey yet for editing photos? It’s awesome.
13. I loathe the color purple and any shade of it. I have since I was a little girl. Yet, I love French lavender. Go figure!
14. I’m beginning to regret #10.
15. Thank God for coffee.
16. I love this time of year. The anticipation of warmer weather, long walks, lots of sunshine, flowers blooming, and on and on. Spring is by far my favorite time of year.
17. Welcome to all of my new followers! I’m delighted you’re here!
Thank you for reading!